getting away from crunch mode for a while is great. the holidays are a lifesaver. i also get a chance to catch up on movies i’ve wanted to see.
my thanksgiving holiday movies:
1) north by northwest–loved it, especially the ending. i love hitchcock. he is the nabokov of film.
2) end of days–yuck. some good scenes courtesy of satan, but otherwise a buddy cop movie where arnold shoots the devil with a rocket propelled grenade.
3) being john malchovic–incredible. delightful. really creative and interesting (the highest compliment).
4) shine–not as great as some said. a weak plot, though a good movie and a great performance. movies about peculiar humans and virtuoso capability are usually fun. geoffrey rush is like a gift to western culture.
5) iron giant–wonderful. well worth watching. ray bradbury-esque in my opinion. innocent, yet meaningful.
6) sleepy hollow–exciting fun. tim burton is awesome. i hope he eventually does the gaimen sandman/death movie.